How to increase collaboration & teamwork in your business
One-third of your life is spent at work. Meaning, you probably hang out more with your co-workers than with most of your loved ones.
So, how much time do you spend working with your co-workers? (And, I don't mean beside them.) If you don't collaborate with your co-workers, you might miss out on valuable relationships and your business could be impacted. Is a lack of teamwork hurting your bottom line?
Why is teamwork important?
- 90% of organizations claim to be tackling issues so complex they need teams to solve them.
- 86% of people blame lack of collaboration for workplace failures.
- 97% of employees and executives believe a lack of alignment within a team impacts the outcome of a task or project.
"Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results." - Andrew Carnegie
Can your team come together to achieve uncommon results?
Creating a team that works as a collaborative, goal-achieving-machine isn't easy. It takes an active leadership approach and dedicated buy-in from everyone. However, if you put in the initial work, you could see an increase in overall productivity and company morale. Here are a few tips to improve your team's collaboration efforts and, hopefully, create amazingly uncommon results:
4 strategies to increase & improve collaboration:
Have a vision
- Set clear goals and objectives
- Give team members authority over projects
- Report progress and challenges
- Don't ignore conflict, address it
- Listen, listen (again) and come to an agreement
- Grab a supervisor for help, if needed, and move on
- Identify what's going right
- Make a plan to make improvements
- Have formal evaluations of team members and leadership
What do you think are the biggest hurdles to achieving collaboration? Do you have any tips to combat this? Let us know in the comments below.
Bri Burkhart, Marketing
Bri is an over-enthusiastic dog mom, pop culture fanatic and Instagram addict. She enjoys eating pizza, practicing yoga and hiking.
The insurance industry offers ample opportunity for advancement - here are 4 ways to encourage learning and growth in your agency.
Learn how to leverage LinkedIn for professional networking and marketing. How to set up your profile and tips to connect with your audience and grow your connections on LinkedIn.
With 3.5 billion Google searches performed each day, your agency needs to stand out against the noise online. Search engine optimization is the practice of improving the quality and...